Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Finally In The Okanagan!

The quiet. A valuable commodity with a short lifespan, it is desired and prayed for by every parent. Driving out to the Okanagan- my husband leading the way, Marcus and Bob in the back of his truck- I got to savour nine hours of complete silence. For the first time in months, I could hear my own thoughts, lightly muffled by the roar of my Jeep's engine and the oncoming traffic.

We were well on our way to the dream... Only hours away from settling in a place where fruitful orchards and elegant wineries are just as plentiful as stars in the dark skies of Saskatchewan. A paradise for a writer and a gourmand alike, The Lakes has it all: beautiful homes, valley and lake views, organic produce within a walking distance and the tranquility of a tucked away residential neighbourhood. 


























Joyful for my husband, whose heart has been set on the Okanagan ever since he set sail for the province of black gold, and enthusiastic about the opportunity to further my knowledge of nutrition while cooking with local ingredients, I counted down the minutes until the two of us felt justified to call ourselves the residents of British Columbia.




At 9:12pm on Friday, October 11, 2013, the moment has come as we stepped over the threshold of our new home, exhausted but elated to have arrived at the long-awaited destination. Any doubt that might have been brewing in my fatigued body dissipated and the warm feeling of comfort radiated through my veins. This was HOME.


Monday afternoon, as the man of the house prepared for a new work shift, the bright stain of a now famous sectional occupied its well deserved place across the fireplace. Expertly set up and already spitting out home-cooked meals, the kitchen was ready to produce to its capacity. As to Marcus and I, we are already scheming to explore local market places and health food stores...



   

No comments:

Post a Comment